The Physics Mentoring Project is a pilot scheme, funded by HEFCW until January 2020.
In this pilot year, we aim to:
- Raise the profile of physics in post-16 education,
- Increase take-up of A-level physics,
- In particular, increase take-up of A-level physics by girls
- Highlight career and mobility opportunities,
- Raise expectations, improve motivation and strengthen the persistence and personal resilience of pupils studying physics and,
- Offer classroom experience to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The project hopes to provide informative and enriching experiences to both the students and mentors. Find out why this is important for Physics in Wales by reading more About Us, or have a look at What We Do to achieve our aims.